The True Cost of a DUI Criminal Conviction in Erie, PA
The legal consequences of a DUI conviction in Erie, PA can include jail time, hefty fines and having your license suspened. But there are many more costs associated with a DUI arrest and conviction that could add up to thousands of dollars. You will not only need an experienced Erie, Pennsylvania criminal defense lawyer to successfully defend your DUI charges but you will need the best representation in reducing costs, penalties and possible fines the can quickly add up. Below you will find a breakdown of DUI conviction costs that you may be subject to in Erie, PA:
The penalties under Pennsylvania DUI laws are set and very clear as it relates to all monetary fees that you can be required to pay. All of these Court fees can increase greatly base on your prior DUI offenses and your blood alcohol content (BAC) at the time of your arrest. Here is a list of the fees that you will be subject to.
- No prior offenses: $300 fine
- One prior DUI offense: $300 to $2,500 fine
- Two of more prior DUI offenses: $500 to $5,000 fine
High BAC (.10 to .159%)
- No prior offenses: $500 to $5,000 fine
- One prior DUI offense: $750 to $5,000 fine
- Two or more prior DUI offenses: $1,500 to $10,000 fine
- Three or more prior DUI offenses: $1,500 to $10,000 fine
Highest BAC (.16 and higher)
- No prior offenses: $1,000 to $5,000 fine
- One prior DUI offense: $1,500 to $10,000 fine
- Two or more prior DUI offenses: $2,500 to $10,000 fine
Costs Associated with a DUI conviction
In addition to these mandatory fees for an Erie, PA DUI conviction there are other conditions in which you must meet as part of your sentence. These conditions are as follows:
- License Suspension – Once your license is suspended your will be required to pay a fee to restore it after your driving suspension is completed. This fee can run between $25 and $100.
- Ignition Interlock Systems – The Ignition Interlock is a high tech device that prohibits anyone under the influence of alcohol to start the vehicle. This system can cost over $1,000 for each car you own.
- Alcohol Highway Safety School – You will be responsible for the cost of this class which can run up to $200 or more.
- Possible alcohol treatment programs
Miscellaneous DUI Costs
- Erie PA DUI Attorney Fees
- Other Court ordered Fees and Costs
- Towing Fees for your vehicle
That said the best way to avoid these fees is to avoid driving after drinking alcohol. But if you do find yourself in this situation you can minimize the cost of a DUI conviction by hiring an experience Erie, PA DUI Criminal Defense Lawyer.
The Travis Law Firm has a long reputation of fighting for the rights of those facing DUI charges. From our offices in Erie, Edinboro and Warren PA, we have defended the freedom of hundreds of clients suspected of DUI. We know how important it is to have accurate data in any DUI case. If you are charged with a DUI, you owe it to yourself to protect your rights by speaking directly to a PA DUI Attorney at The Travis Law Firm. Our DUI Attorneys offer a confidential free case evaluation to get started right away.