Happy New Year from our Erie personal injury lawyers at The Travis Law Firm. As we begin 2020, we want to take this opportunity to wish our clients, family, and friends a safe and healthy New Year. With that in mind, we want to share some of our favorite safety tips and health tips that can help you avoid accidents and stay healthy in 2020 and beyond.
Happy New Year from The Travis Law Firm!
Health and Safety Tips for the New Year
- If you drink to celebrate the New Year, don’t drive. DUI accidents increase over the holidays, especially for the New Year’s celebration. Make plans for a safe ride home before you begin your New Year’s celebrations.
- Get plenty of sleep during 2020. Most adults need seven to eight hours of sleep each night. Being drowsy and fatigued can increase your risk for motor vehicle accidents, falls, and other personal
injuries. Also, getting plenty of rest can reduce your risk of catching a cold, the flu, or other illness.
- Get more exercise. Exercise helps you maintain a healthy weight, but it also boosts your energy level and increases emotional wellbeing. However, be careful if you walk or ride bicycles. Watch for motor vehicles and take steps to reduce your risk of being involved in a bicycle accident or pedestrian accident.
- Eat a healthy diet in 2020. Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet and eat a healthy breakfast each morning. Eating a healthy breakfast each morning helps you make healthy food choices throughout the day. Consider cooking meals at home with your family. Cooking at home saves money and allows you to make healthy choices. Cooking together is also a great way to spend quality time together as a family.
- Perform a home safety inspection. Check your home for hazards and dangers. Make sure that you have working fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, and carbon monoxide alarms. Create an emergency
plan and practice an escape route in case of fire. Create an emergency kit for your home and your vehicles with supplies your family will need in case of a disaster or emergency.
- Schedule a visit to the doctor for a physical. Routine physicals can help identify health problems. Early detection of health issues often increases your chances of a complete recovery. Also, don’t forget about regular dental cleanings and checkups.
- Don’t forget to schedule regular inspections and checkups for your motor vehicles. A vehicle in good operating condition helps reduce your risk of being involved in an automobile accident.
- Take time to relax and rest. Everyone needs a break from work, school, and daily responsibilities. Plan a vacation and schedule time for yourself. Taking time for yourself improves your wellbeing, which allows you to care for the ones you love.
Contact an Erie Personal Injury Attorney with The Travis Law Firm for Help
If you are injured in an accident during 2020, the legal team of The Travis Law Firm is here for you. We can help you file an insurance claim and negotiate a fair settlement for your injury claim.
Call The Travis Law Firm at (800) 401-2066 to schedule your free legal consultation with our Erie personal injury lawyer.