Edinboro Car Accident Lawyer – Travis Law Firm
Over the years, the Travis Law Firm has helped numerous residents of Northwestern Pennsylvania recover the damages they deserve after a car accident. To protect their client’s rights, they negotiate with the insurance company and, if no resolution is possible, challenge the at-fault party in civil court. The Travis Law firm understands a car crash can be traumatic and unsettling.
With more than 355 traffic accidents daily, the road can be dangerous to motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists alike. Every seven hours someone dies due to a car accident in Pennsylvania. Add this to another 220 serious injuries and you will understand why the services of an experienced attorney are needed.
The injured can face physical, emotional and financial hardship. There is no need to go it alone after a car accident. Turn to the attorneys at the Travis Law Firm to do the work for you. We can represent you with the insurance company and answer all their questions. We can question those involved in the accident and investigate how it happened and who was at fault. Rest assured, we will do everything in our power to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Evidence Is Key to a Successful Claim
In order to make a personal injury claim against another driver or entity, your attorney must provide evidence of negligence. This means they must have experienced investigators who sift through all aspects of the accident, gathering the data they need. At the Travis Law Firm, we do this by:
- Investigating the scene of the accident for evidence that points to negligence. We also look for evidence of lack of road maintenance by city agencies charged with this task. If the latter occurs, we can file a claim against the government agency.
- Our investigators obtain video footage of the accident from surveillance cameras on traffic lights or those used as security cameras on nearby businesses.
- We interview witnesses to the accident.
- Our investigators also perform accident reconstruction techniques that help determine liability.
- We obtain and review police reports for inaccuracies since they are used in negotiations with insurers and in court.
- Once all the information is accumulated, it is delivered to our attorneys who use it in building a solid case against the at-fault party.
Major Reasons for a Car Accident
Some of the most common reasons a car accident occurs are:
- Distracted driving: This behavior is quickly becoming the major cause of all types of car accidents. Drivers who take their focus off the road and write and send texts, tune the radio or set the GPS are all driving distracted.
- Drunk driving: Driving while inebriated is one of the most frequent reasons for a car accident. Drivers who drive drunk lose the ability to judge distance correctly, have inadequate reflexes and lose cognitive skills and coordination.
- Fatigued driving: Driving while fatigued is a common activity today. The problem is it is comparable to driving drunk. Shutting one’s eyes for even five seconds means that the car will travel the length of an average football field without driver control. When this happens on a busy highway, it is little wonder that serious car crashes will result.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit makes it difficult for a motorist to control his/her vehicle. It also makes it hard to stop in time to avoid hitting another vehicle or a pedestrian.
- Aggressive driving: Today, more motorists are driving aggressively than ever before. This includes many reckless acts and some that involve intentional harm. Despite police presence on the road, this type of behavior happens too often.
Call the Travis Law Firm for Help When You Are in a Car Accident
Call our offices in Edinboro, Erie and Crawford at (814) 277-2222 to set up a free case review. If it is more convenient for you, you can also reach us online. We are ready to help you. Our experienced lawyers will work hard to obtain the compensation you deserve while rendering compassionate service.