Fireworks Safety Tips and July 4 Events in Erie PA
Are you going to be using fireworks to celebrate Independence Day this year? If so, it is a good idea to review general safety tips for the use of fireworks to avoid injuries. Some general safety tips include:
- Always have a responsible adult supervise the use of fireworks.
- Fireworks and alcohol are not a good combination. Do not use drugs or alcohol while using fireworks.
- Always store and use fireworks according to the package instructions.
- Follow all local and state laws for the use of fireworks.
- Always have a bucket of water and a source of water nearby.
- If a firework does not go off, do not relight it. Carefully extinguish it in a bucket of water.
- To protect your eyes, always wear protective glasses or goggles when setting off Also, do not wear loose-fitting clothing that could catch fire.
- Keep fireworks away from homes, leaves, brush, and other flammable objects.
For more information about firework safety, you can visit the website for Safe Kids.
If fireworks injure you or your child, you should seek immediate medical attention. For an eye injury, try not to rub or touch the eye and go to the emergency room immediately. For burn injuries, you can follow the care instructions from the Mayo Clinic or CDC as you seek medical attention.
When a firework injury is caused by a defective product or the negligence of a third party, you may be entitled to compensation for you or your child. By filing a personal injury claim, you can seek compensation for your medical costs, loss of income, emotional distress, and physical pain. Our Erie personal injury attorney provides a free consultation to discuss your case and a potential claim for damages if you have suffered an injury after using fireworks or after attending a fireworks display.
Firework Displays In And Near Erie, PA
If you are searching for a firework display to enjoy so that you do not need to worry about the dangers of using fireworks, some of the area Independence Day events include:
- Lights Over Lake Erie is being held on July 3rd this year. Mercyhurst University is sponsoring the event this year. The fireworks display begins on Tuesday at 10 p.m. for about 15 minutes.
- Warren County’s 4th of July Celebration is being held at Betts Park on Ludlow Street in Warren. The fireworks are scheduled to begin at 10 p.m. A parade is scheduled for that morning beginning at 11 a.m. Festival events begin at the park at 3 p.m.
Erie Personal Injury Attorney
When you are injured, you need the assistance of an experienced accident attorney to review and evaluate your legal options. Holding a negligent party responsible for damages after an accident or wrongful act is how we assist victims in recovering compensation for injuries, so they can move forward after a traumatic event.
Contact The Travis Law Firm at (800) 401-2066 to request a free legal consultation with a personal injury attorney for Erie and the surrounding areas.