If you or a family member is involved in a serious automobile accident, you may be entitled to recovery of damages by a negligent party’s and/or your own insurance company.
It is important to act quickly after being involved in a car accident, your actions can impact your potential damages. The Travis Law Firm is experienced in motor vehicle litigation and will protect your rights as an auto accident victim. Contact our car accident lawyers – serving Erie, Crawford and Warren Counties, and all of Western Pennsylvania – if you have been involved in an auto accident.
Northwestern PA Car Accident Law Firm
Statistics show, every 10 seconds someone in America is involved in a car accident. It is likely that everyone will be involved in at least one car accident in their lifetime. If you are the victim of a motor vehicle accident, you should be aware of your rights – contact the Travis Law Firm. Our auto accident lawyers provide Erie, Crawford and Warren Counties, and all of Northwestern Pennsylvania residents exceptional legal expertise. We can help victims or those family members who have lost loved ones to wrongful death.
Auto accidents often lead to a flood of insurance forms, accident reports, medical bills, and technicalities. It can be overwhelming. Who was at fault? What do I do at the scene of a car accident? Who will pay my medical bills? Attorney Grant C. Travis will help answer these questions and help get your life back on track.Every year thousands of drivers are injured in auto accidents but do not receive just compensation. It is standard practice among insurance companies to initially offer victims a small settlement. The Travis Law Firm knows the true value of your case and what you are entitled to. Victims who try to handle their own legal affairs are often left bearing the majority of the expenses from an accident that was not their fault.
Pennsylvania Auto Accident Statistics:
On Average in Pennsylvania:
- Each day 340 reportable traffic crashes occurred (about 14 crashes every hour).
- Each day 3 persons were killed in reportable traffic crashes (one death every 7 hours).
- Each day 228 persons were injured in reportable crashes (about 9 injuries every hour).
Based on Pennsylvania’s 2013 population (12,773,801 people):
- 1 out of every 45 people was involved in a reportable traffic crash.
- 1 out of every 10,574 people was killed in a reportable traffic crash.
- 1 out of every 154 people was injured in a reportable traffic crash.
[Statistics taken from the PennDOT 2013 Pennsylvania Crash Facts and Statistics]
Contact a Car Accident Injury Attorney
If you have been injured in an auto accident, motorcycle accident, trucking accident, or if you are the victim of an alcohol-related accident, contact our car accident lawyers immediately. We provide trustworthy, exceptional legal services to Erie, Crawford and Warren Counties, and all Western Pennsylvania victims and will fight for what they justly deserve.
What Do I Do After a Car Accident?
Auto accidents are stressful and may seem overwhelming. Below is a list of what you should do at the scene of an auto accident. If you would like additional information, contact our car accident lawyers at The Travis Law Firm – serving Erie, Crawford and Warren Counties, and all of Western Pennsylvania.
- Stay calm.
- Check for injuries – call an ambulance if necessary.
- If possible, move cars to a safe place.
- Turn on hazard lights – use cones, flares, or warning triangles if available.
- Call the police – even if the accident is minor.
- Notify your insurance agent.
- Contact an experienced auto accident lawyer.
- Get other driver’s info – license number, insurance information, registration, etc.
- Do not sign anything.
- Make immediate notes – damages, how the accident happened, etc.
- If a camera is available, take pictures.
- Do not leave the accident scene before the police officers or other driver.