After being injured in an accident, you may not be sure whether or not you need to hire an Erie personal injury attorney. Some situations should encourage all accident victims to seek legal advice, including but not limited to cases involving:
- Severe or traumatic injuries
- Catastrophic injuries, including permanent disabilities and impairments
- The fault for the accident is disputed
- Substantial financial damages
However, there are many other reasons why you should hire a personal injury attorney in Erie.
Twenty-Five Reasons to Call The Travis Law Firm
In addition to the above reasons to hire a personal injury attorney, below are 25 more reasons why we believe you should call us if you are injured in an accident:
1. Listen to your situation and patiently answer each of your questions and concerns about your case and the legal process.
2. Evaluate your claim and explain the various legal strategies available, given the facts and circumstances in your case.
3. Streamline the legal process to try to get money to you as soon as possible.
4. Provide support, guidance, and legal counsel throughout the claims process.
5. Thoroughly investigate the accident to identify the factors that contributed to the accident.
6. Identify the parties who might be liable for your damages.
7. Assign fault to various parties for the contributing factors to the cause of the accident.
8. Investigate insurance policies that might provide coverage for the liable parties.
9. Gather evidence proving fault and liability, including physical evidence, eyewitness testimony, video and photographic evidence, medical evidence, and expert testimony.
10. Work with your physicians to obtain evidence of your injuries and prognosis.
11. Filing claims with appropriate insurance providers.
12. Quickly determine if a government agency or entity might be liable for your damages. If so, immediate action is necessary to protect the claim.
13. Calculate and monitor the deadlines (statutes of limitations) to file personal injury lawsuits.
14. Work with experts, including medical experts, accident reconstructionists, investigators, and economists to gather evidence proving fault and damages.
15. Accurately calculate the value of your financial damages and noneconomic (pain and suffering) damages to maximize compensation.
16. Fight allegations of contributory negligence or comparative fault that could result in a much lower payment to the victim for his or her personal injury claim.
17. Take depositions of key witnesses to gather additional evidence and information.
18. Develop a demand settlement package that demonstrates a strong case for full compensation for all damages.
19. Negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement of the injury claim.
20. Determine if mediation or arbitration might give you the best chance of obtaining a positive and fair outcome for your claim.
21. Prevent accident victims from being harassed or taken advantage of by aggressive insurance adjusters and bad faith insurance tactics.
22. Research existing case law and statutes related to the case to determine various causes of action and potential defenses regarding the claim.
23. Prepare and file a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary.
24. Continue to negotiate with the other party to settle the claim before trial, if possible.
25. Utilize years of trial experience and legal knowledge to put forth the best argument possible in court to convince jurors that you deserve to be compensated for all your damages by the party or parties responsible for your injuries.
Contact an Erie Personal Injury Lawyer for Help
Don’t wait any longer to get the advice you need about insurance claims from a trusted attorney in your area.
Call The Travis Law Firm at (800) 401-2066 to schedule your free legal consultation with our Erie accident attorney.