Types of Trauma Suffered in a Personal Injury
Personal injury can be defined as any physical or mental harm that is caused to an individual due to the negligence, carelessness, or intentional actions of another person or entity. The types of injuries that may be suffered in a personal injury accident can vary greatly depending on the nature and severity of the incident. There are numerous types of injuries that fall under this category. Some common types of personal injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): TBI occurs when there is a blow or jolt to the head, which can result in damage to the brain. It can cause various symptoms, including cognitive impairment, memory loss, and difficulty with balance and coordination.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI): SCI can occur due to trauma to the spinal cord. It can lead to permanent paralysis and loss of sensation in the affected areas of the body.
- Broken bones: Broken bones can result from a fall, motor vehicle accident, or any other kind of impact. Depending on the severity of the break, it can take weeks or even months to heal.
- Soft tissue damage: This type of injury can involve damage to muscles, tendons and ligaments essential for movement and stability.
- Back and neck injuries: These types of injuries can include sprains, strains or even more serious conditions such as herniated discs or spinal cord injuries that may require surgery or long-term rehabilitation.
- Internal injuries: These types of injuries involve damage to vital organs within the body due to blunt force trauma and can be life-threatening if left untreated.
- Burns: Burns can be caused by fire, chemicals, or hot surfaces. They can range from mild to severe and can lead to scarring and disfigurement.
- Emotional distress: Emotional distress is an injury caused by emotional or psychological trauma. It can include symptoms such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Wrongful Death: Under certain circumstances, an accident can cause serious injury and death to those involved in it which can leave behind
Examples of Personal Injuries
These are just a few examples of the types of personal injuries that can occur. It’s important to seek medical attention and legal advice if you’ve suffered any type of injury due to someone else’s negligence.
When you or a loved one has suffered an injury that was the fault of another person or entity such as a product defect or government negligence, you may be able to recover damages by filing a personal injury claim. An attorney can review your case, gather the evidence to support your claim, and negotiate for you with the at-fault party’s insurance company. If that is unsuccessful because the insurance company refuses to pay what you deserve, the evidence can be used in civil court.
The Travis Law Firm
In your time of need, The Travis Law Firm is here to help you make an injury claim after any type of accident caused by someone else’s negligence. Many of our clients have received the compensation they deserved due to our assistance. While we focus on winning your case, you can concentrate on recovering. Get a free case review today by calling us in Pennsylvania at (814) 277-2222. We can also be reached online.